Feeding Assessment Team
Are you having challenges breastfeeding, expressing, or simply getting your baby to feed well? At Baby Steps, we can help.
The Baby Steps Feeding Assessment Team can help infants and children with feeding difficulties. We offer an interdisciplinary approach to provide holistic assessment and treatment for your child. We are privileged to have a team of skilled health professionals all under the one roof at Baby Steps who can work collaboratively through the initial assessment process, diagnosis and therapy services. Feeding assistance and programs are tailored to meet each child and their family.
Our approach to feeding difficulties and development starts with understanding and identifying mealtime behaviours, social and emotional development factors, communication and cognitive development, physical, sensory and oral/motor development. Our Feeding Assessment Team provides a thorough assessment by one of our Child Health Nurses and GP’s to provide information to the team so we can refer you to the most suitable health professionals at the right time. One of our Child Health Nurses will coordinate your family's care and support you through your personalised program.
Feeding Difficulties and Development Issues
- Infants with growth faltering
- Infants with ongoing coughing or choking on milk feeds (breast or bottle)
- Poorly co-ordinated sucking abilities
- Gagging on lumpy foods
- Infants refusing all foods or foods that require chewing
- Transitioning from tube to oral feeds
- Progression of solids
- Medical/physical/neurological conditions affecting feeding eg Downs Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy)
- Anxiety around meal times
- Feeding frustrations
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome/Bloating
- Restricted diets eg. allergies/intolerance's
- Child vomiting on food
- Toddlers experiencing weight loss due to insufficient feeding
- Behaviour related to food and eating
- Weaning difficulties
- Fussy and picky eaters ie. Eating white foods only
- Oral sensory defensiveness and aversions
To get started simply call one of our friendly team today on (08) 9387 2844 and we will make a time to see you.
To make an appointment1.Download and complete the Feeding History form
OR2.Enquiry now online
OR3.Call 9387 2844 and speak to one of our receptionists Download Feeding History Form
Baby Steps Health Centre is a professional caring service for new families led by experienced GP Obstetricians, Child Health Nurses, and Lactation Consultants supported by Women’s Health Physiotherapists, Dietitians, Speech Pathologists, Psychologists and Paediatric Physiotherapists.
Meet the Team
Clinical Psychologist (Paediatrics)
Clinical Psychologist (Adults)